President, Women's Business Council
The Women's Business Council's mission is to provide a supportive environment for business professionals to network, achieve personal growth and contribute to the community's betterment. Aimee Mandala is Director of Operations for Environ Architecture Inc. "My goals as president are, first, to create strong, relevant programs that support Long Beach and small business, and encourage and empower women in business. It is important for us to acknowledge the value women bring to the table and the inspiration they give future generations of women in business."
We have two exciting opportunities for you! All applications are due April 7th.
This grant opportunity is sponsored by Tesoro and the Long Beach Chamber of Commerce’s Women’s Business Council. The purpose is to help a local small business owner maintain or grow their business. The grant will be awarded at an evening event on Thursday, May 4, 2017.
EVERY BUSINESS FITTING THESE CRITERIA MAY APPLY
- Must be a Long Beach Chamber of Commerce member
- Business must be located in Long Beach
- Business must have less than 10 full time employees
- Must have been in business a minimum of 3 years
- Must have collaborative and/or community involvement
One winner of the WBC Women of Excellence Award is chosen for each of the following 3 categories. In the following application form, you will be encouraged to nominate someone that you believe is a Woman of Excellence.
- Exemplary Business Woman is a woman who has attained a high rank and utilized her position, stature and expertise to break down gender bias and effect positive change for women in her business and in our community.
- Outstanding Entrepreneur is a female entrepreneur who not only strives to build a great company, but also contributes to the success of other women entrepreneurs.
- Outstanding Educator goes to a woman who serves as an example of hard work and effective leadership and who demonstrates a powerful commitment to her students.
"One of the best parts of being a member of the Chamber
are the networking events!" - Aimee Mandala
In this picture, Women's Business Council President Aimee Mandala connecting with Supervisor Janice Hahn.
Women's Business Council of Directors
Aimee Mandala, Environ Architecture, Inc.
Immediate Past President
Marissa Rabe, Hotel Maya
Chris Brown, Opus Bank
Kathryn Atkins, Writing World, LLC
Vice President Programs
Erin Suarez, Creative Productions
Vice President Communications
Sweeney Montinola, SouthBay Pavilion Mall
Megan Christensen, Able Arts Work
Janice Fronjian, The Westin Long Beach
Val Parker, Power 4 Youth
Sharon Peterson, Southern California Region for 10,000 Small Businesses
Diana Rodriguez, Ek, Sunkin, Klink & Bai